The material is commonly called melamine foam. They are made of formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfate copolymer.
These power house sponges can tackle anything from scruffs on walls to stovetops. Make sure to always wear a pair of gloves while using a magic eraser and never apply it directly on your skin.
These one-handed wonders can work a little too well—particularly on polished and easily scratched areas.
- Don’t use them dry.
- Avoid finely painted surfaces.
- Don’t use them without gloves.
- Don’t use them on granite or marble countertops.
- Do not use them on stainless steel.
- Don’t use them without spot testing first.
- Don’t use them on non stick pots and pans.